Learning Resources Center
The Learning Resources Centre of Sur University College is a gateway to the world of information resources and services, a one-stop place for the faculty and students and the administration staff to achieve their needs from information.
Since the establishment in 2001, LRC is the heart of Sur University College, doing the best to provide resources and services to support curriculum and research needs, in order to help our faculties, staff and students to achieve their personal and professional goals through higher education. LRC dominate its services to students, faculties, staff, and the community at large.
To provide access to relevant information resources and services to meet the needs of the college community and to support the teaching, lifelong learning, sustain academic excellence in teaching and research to empower our SUC community to success.
The Learning Resources Centre of Sur University College acts to be a gateway to the world of information resources and services, a one-stop integrated place for the faculties and students and the administration staff to achieve their needs from information through the following:
- Provide a gateway to global information resources in both physical and virtual space.
- Provide a digital repository for the college information resources created by the college.
- Respond to the diverse information needs of our students, faculty, and staff.
- Collaborate our responsibilities with faculty and with the college services.
- Reaching out through partnerships with other academic Libraries in the Sultanate of Oman.
- Provide a rich and diverse collection with seamless access.
- Foster information literacy skills for SUC community.
- Provide access to information resources that support, encourage and enhance learning and teaching through an easy open and accessible learning environment with focus in the culture of Open Access & Open Educational Resources (OER) environment.