Engineering Department will support the vision of Sur University College to be an exceptional private university in Al – Sharqia region, Sultanate of Oman by offering internationally benchmarked Engineering curriculum. The department vision is to provide quality education through dedicated, committed and interactive learning environment in the field of engineering. The Engineering Department prepares students for future professional in the Architecture, Construction, Design, Mechanical, and Industry market.
The Engineering Department mission is to provide high quality generation of architects and mechanical engineers, through:
- Providing excellent and high quality teaching in engineering studies.
- Offering rigorous academic and extra mural activities in engineering areas.
- Creating supportive and self motivated engineering education within a liberal art context and scientific knowledge for design and manufacturing of devices and mechanical systems.
- Exploiting modern information technological resources to mould student’s competencies in design, construction, mechanical systems, and manufacturing.
- Motivating research activities in the field of engineering technology and systems to contribute to the development of the community.
- Utilizing technological and systems innovations.
The goal of the Engineering department is to educate students in engineering areas, service the community and conduct scientific research and consultancy. It will participate with SUC to achieve its objectives.
To achieve the education objectives, the Engineering Department will enable the students to gain knowledge and skills to:
- Understand the theory and practice of engineering in general.
- Understand the best practices and standards and their applications in architectural or mechanical engineering.
- Develop their critical thinking, capabilities, and problem solving skills
- Advance their career in architectural or mechanical engineering and related fields.
- Adopt proper infrastructures and emerging technological models.
- Pursue entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Prepare themselves for successful careers and leadership in engineering industry.
- Practice proficiency as team members and leaders in working environment.
- Acquire an appreciation of their responsibilities to society.
- Contribute to the welfare of the society and respond to its needs with consideration of ethical and environment issues.
- Create potential and communication skills.
- Engage in advanced academic research careers.
- Strive for excellence
- Provide High Quality
- Be effective
- Professionalism and integrity
- Support all stakeholders
- Preparation for the future
The Engineering Department, currently, offers two Bachelors of Science degrees:
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering.
- Bachelor in Architectural Engineering