Admission Process - Requirement
Required document for the Admission Procedure:
The prospective students who have been admitted by the combined admission center have to provide the admission and registration department with the following documents:
- Original High School Transcript
- Copy of a valid passport or ID
- Four Recent photographs
- Filled-in Application form of Sur University College
On receiving the same, the admission and registration department creates a file for each student and give him / her College number.
Admission Requirements for Prospective Students in Foundation Program
1. A prospective student should have at least one of the following qualifications:
- General Secondary Certificate or Diploma in Secondary Education
- British Advanced GNVQ – General National Vocational Qualification;
- Any International Certification for General Secondary Study
- Other studies deemed equivalent.
2. A prospective student should take the College entry tests in English, Mathematics and Computing Studies in order to determine his appropriate level of proficiency.
3. A prospective student should produce evidence showing financial ability to pay the tuition fee. One of the following documents may be produced:
- Government sponsorship letter;
- Guarantor / Sponsor’s letter;
- Bank statement;
- Any other document deemed satisfactory by the Registrar.
4. Non-refundable registration fee of One Hundred Omani Rials.
5. Copy of a Passport, Identity Card or Birth Certificate.
6. Health Certificate and four passport-size photographs.
Admission Requirements for Enrollment at Academic Program
A student should
- Pass in Diploma of General Education (Thanway Ammah) with minimum (C) or equivalent,
- have minimum of (C) in Pure Mathematics, and Minimum of (C ) in Physics or Chemistry,
- achieve the standards set for the subjects of the General Foundation Program or have a minimum of 470 in TOEFL or equivalent.
The prospective students who have successfully completed the entrance tests conducted by the College with the following criteria shall be eligible for enrollment at any academic programs offered in the college:
- English: Pass in Placement test I & II conducted by college or TOEFL 500 Points or IELTS 4.5 shall join the Academic English programs directly.
- Mathematics: Pass in Math placement test I & II shall be eligible for studying academic level courses.
- Computing Studies: The students passed in Entrance examinations in Computing Studies 1 & II or IC3 or ICDL certified students shall be eligible for academic level programs.
Transferred from Other Colleges / Universities
- Those students transferred from other colleges / universities shall be admitted to the corresponding programs based on the department equalization committee’s recommendations.
- All the subjects studied in other colleges / universities need not be equalized if no equal subjects exist in the college.
- Department equalization committees shall set rules based on the requirements every year.
- Whatever the cases may be, a transferred student must study at least 50% of the subjects from Sur University College.
- Students must produce their original certificates for admission.
The subjects passed in the previous university shall be only considered.