Student Academic Probation Rules & Regulations
A student will be placed on academic probation I, if his/her GPA falls below two (2.00) in any academic semester except the summer semester and the first semester in which he/she admitted to his/her academic program of study (specialization). Students are notified of their status via a warning letter.
A student will be placed on probation II, if his/her GPA falls below two (2.0) in two consecutive semesters, and he/she shall be given a second warning letter to notify him/her of his/her status.
1. A student will be placed on final probation, if he / she fails to raise his / her GPA to 2.0 or above in three consecutive semester and he/she shall be given a final warning letter to notify him/her of his/her status.
2. If a student fails to raise his/ her GPA during the given period, He/ She shall be dismissed from this/her major, but still he/ she can apply for another major in the same college upon availability. In this case his/ her courses are considered according to his/ her new study plan provided that his/ her GPA will not be less than 2.00 after equalization.
3. A student will be dismissed from SUC if his GPA falls below one in any semester except the summer semester and the first semester in which he admitted to his program of study (specialization).
4. The following cases are excluded from dismissal if not contrary to articles (4):
- If a student accomplished a total of 90 credit hours in bachelor’s program or 45 credit hours in a diploma program.
- If a student scored (2.5 GPA) or above in the semester following the semester he/she received a final warning. He/ She shall be given an exceptional semester as a last opportunity to raise his/her GPA average to 2.00 or above.
5. Admission and registration department issues warning letters to the students concerned and notifies the official authorities
GPA & Academic Load of Students on Probation
1. The academic load of a student on probation is determined as follows:
- a. If his / her GPA is more than 1.5 and less than 2.00, the student shall be permitted to register maximum 12 credit hours in the academic semester.
- b. If his/her GPA is more than 1.00 and less than 1.5, the student shall be permitted to register maximum 9 credit hours in the academic semester.
2. Any student subject to an academic probation shall not be permitted to register through the online registration system. He/ She shall register through the department of admission and registration after consulting his/her academic advisor.
3. These instructions will be implemented at the beginning of the first semester of the academic year 2015/2016. Any pervious rules and regulations in this regard are cancelled.
4. The Assistant Dean for Academics , Heads of Academic Departments, The Admission and Registration Department, Students’ Advisors and General Academic Advisor are responsible for the implementation of these rules and regulations.
GPA & Academic Load of Students (Not on Probation)
1. A student is not on probation if his/her GPA is greater or equal to 2.0, and he shall be permitted to register maximum 18 credit hours per academic semester. In some cases the student shall be permitted to register 21 credit hour per academic semester upon the approval of the college Dean.
|S.No||GPA||Maximum Credit Hours|
|Less Than 1.0||9 Credit Hours. He / she may study the subject already studied again to improve his / her GPA. But, only the new marks will be considered for GPA calculation in any case.|
|2||Between 1.0 and 1.49||
12 Credit Hours.
|3||Between 1.5 to 2.0||
Not more than 15 Credit Hours.
|4||2.0 or more||
15 Credit Hours to 21 Credit Hours (Subject to approval of the Dean)