Mechanical Engineering Program
There is increase and continuous growth and development in Sultanate of Oman and the region in industry areas. SUC offers Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering with concentration on Industrial Engineering. The degree is awarded by SUC with quality assurance overseen by the American University in Cairo (AUC). The students require satisfying achievement of 152 credits in engineering for the award of degree with minimum of 4 years of study plus one foundation year as necessary. The program structure is framed to meet benchmarking of ABET with program 5 objectives and 17 outcomes, listed below. Admission criteria provided for the entry to the program is comparable with International Standards for similar program offer elsewhere. Market analysis for the program provides an initial insight into potential demand for mechanical engineering in Oman.
The mechanical engineering program at SUC graduates mechanical engineers who can:
- Practice professionally as team members or leaders in both local and global, multidisciplinary environments.
- Advance their careers in mechanical engineering or other fields through promotions, positions of increasing responsibilities or professional certifications.
- Contribute to the welfare of the society, and are responsive to its needs with consideration of ethical and environmental issues.
- Engage in advanced academic and research careers.
- Pursue entrepreneurial endeavours.
The Mechanical Engineering program includes Descriptive Geometry, Engineering Drawing, Calculus, General Chemistry, Physics, Engineering Mechanics, General Electrical Engineering, Quality and Process Control, Strength of Materials, Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer and Mechanical Design.
Oman LNG, OMIFCO, Electricity and Water Sector