Architectural Engineering Program
The Architectural Engineering program aims to provide the knowledge and skills required for designing and overseeing the construction work of buildings with due consideration given to the environment aspects as well the cultural aspects of a place.
- To train an architectural engineer with a critical and comprehensive vision, able to integrate the necessary bodies of knowledge- engineering, socio-cultural & artistic, legal & professional, financial, technological- to provide an aesthetically appropriate, functional and sustainable design solution
- To educate students in the fundamental process of architectural design, with an emphasis on a balance between construction & technology; society, culture, history & heritage; sustainability; and aesthetic expression.
- To prepare students to cope with and improve the ever-evolving issues influencing the architectural design process- changing regional politics, engineering advancement, economic change, development in building sciences and changes in social responsibility and advances in research, particularly as pertaining to responsible and sustainable development.
- To train an architecture engineer with the communication skills necessary to coordinate between the different trades of the architectural engineering process both regionally and at an international level
- To motivate students to engage in life-long learning and develop their ability to pursue graduate studies and continued professional development
- To develop students who are creative, possess qualities of leadership and are committed to professional and ethical conduct.
The Architectural Engineering program includes Chemistry, Physics, Calculus, Engineering Drawing, Basic Computer Science, Basic Thermodynamics, Arab Society and Middle Eastern Art as general requirements and Architectural Design, Urban Planning, Design and Development, Islamic Art, Structural Analysis, Construction Methods, Environmental Control Systems and Construction Project Management as concentration subjects
On completion of the program the graduate will able to work as Architects, Civil engineers, Construction managers.
Ministry of Housing, Atkins, Galfar, Private Construction companies